Tuesday, May 17

A Bit of This and an Itty Bit of That!

I have had a bit of a play today ... Well you have to sometimes ... don't you! At the airport in Holland I found some fantastically priced Moleskine notebooks ... it would have been rude not to get them ... and the paper is just so lovely ... well to be honest ... several A6 and a few A5 just fell in my basket!
So this morning ... I decided to follow Dina Wakley's advice from an art journalling magazine ... basically she starts her pages with no agenda or set idea ... and lets the page talk to her! I have found my journalling style just does n't really flow ... I have to do that whole plan the page before I begin thing ... and as a card maker ... well ... it is actually really difficult to let go! But today ... well let go I did!
I promised myself that however the page turned out I would blog it ... I struggle with that too ... but the plan was to basically let it become what it was ... no set plan ... and no necessity to like it ... just a fun thing to do! I had so much fun ... I even did the whole journalling thing ... discovered stuff in my head that I had no idea was there ... and now I feel like I have admitted it ... So I can go do stuff about it! Sound like I have got the bug? I think I have! Today I finally actually "Get it!"
Anyways ... enough with my ramblings ... the page was taped down the centre with masking tape to stop any colour bleeding through the spine ... I gessoed it all with a credit card ... dried it with a heat gun ... happily accepting the lines and the bubbles. Then I gave it an Antique Linen Distress Stain wash. Once that was dried I used a Crafty Notions 12 X 12 stencil and coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Finally to complete the background I used Faded Denim Distress Ink and a Prima corner stencil.
Next was the really fun part ... stamping ... I used Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions stamps ... LOVE the spider ... LOVE the toadstalls ... actually it is probably quicker to tell you the ones that I don't love ... erm ... that will be none of them then :0) Lord Tim of Holtz's Itty Bitty Grunge set was used too ... you know Tim ... the man that can beat the land speed record on a pair of roller skates while modelling the latest fashions on a catwalk with just a Jet Black Archival Re-Inker and a 1" square of Cut and Dry Foam.
The best thing about the whole process is that I now have about another ten ideas I want to try ... best I get started before I forget what they are!
Oh yes ... I have a Korean gift that I need to show you ... let's see if you can all guess what you do with it! Actually ... I will save that one for tomorrow ... Have a great evening people ...
Laters!

22 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Oh Linda, this is amazing. I absolutely adore your art work, the stampings, the painting, the gold additions and just the entire journal. This is truly an inspiration. Please continue to share your upcoming pages. Can't wait to see more.

whyducks said...

Go girl go, wish I could let myself go like that, well done wonderful result!

Dylan said...

Ooh very nice babe. why don't you do loads of backgrounds at once then you are always ready when your ideas spring to mind.!! Glad you loving the stamps, I am busy with the next lot, lol. Would tell you what they are but Our Ben would have me guts for garters.!!! xx

Linda said...

So cool, wish I could create like that :)

Joy said...

Fabulous journal page Linda, thank you for such detail. Love Dylans stamps and how you've used them, well done on getting your moleskine journals. xx

Helen said...

Tis wonderful!! Loads of fab interesting things to look at.
You haven't got some more teabags have you?!

thekolbes said...

I love it. Can't wait to see more
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Alix said...

oh its great to see you letting your inner journalling spirit out...watch out tho...you might not get her back in the box! ;0)

dyan's stamps are awesome, huh?

Sid said...

Very complex but fab too !!

Handmade Hannah said...

Fabulous art journal Linda - such inspiration :)

misteejay said...

Sounds & looks like you are having a lot of fun...isn't that what crafting is supposed to be?

Enjoy playing with your other ideas.

Toni :o)

Suz said...

Linda,
This is absolutely beautiful. The detail is so amazing and I love those stars. The toadstools just make me smile!
Thanks for sharing,
Suz

fatmonica said...

Stunning!Just stunning!Love the gold especially the stars.

Anonymous said...

I am not usually a fan of this kind of thing, which is why I read and don't comment. But, I am strangely drawn to this. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog, you may have inspired me to start getting a bit messy. I am relatively new to crafting (1 yr in), so am a bit afraid.....

Cindy said...

Oh I like it! I like it!

Hugs XX
Barbara

jolande said...

Whow it's great....you have to go more to Holland..it give's you great ideee's
Jolande...8)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

great journalling pages... can you send inspiration over here please ..mojo was left in France! lol

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the layers, so much to look at, fantastic inspiration as always. Off to play!

JaneH said...

Wow, Linda... your stuff is always fab but this really takes it! I just love the colours, the design, and just everything about it.

Ohhh Snap said...

lol I just noticed your blogging floosey notice!!

This is such a fabulous journal page! I love those stamps and the gold paint! TFS :D

vixen said...

I adore your page it looks stunning if only I could do a page like that :)

Twitter

A Crafting Journey